The community fund was established in 2008 as part of a commitment by the operators of the Waubra Wind Farm to provide a fund for community use in the area where the wind farm operates.
Acciona Energy, as operator of the Waubra Wind Farm will provide $69,180 in 2012-13 to the fund for projects. The fund also seeks grants from other sources for its activities.
Each year the fund spends 50% on community projects, 20% on the environment, 10% as direct grants to groups, 5% for benevolent purposes, 5% as a capital fund for the future and 10% on management and communication.
The fund is run by the 18 community organisations which operate in the wind farm area, with all funds going to support projects auspiced by these groups.
In 2012-13 16 projects have been funded, including:
- Hub development, final payment, $11,093
- Waubra CFA building work, $8,000
- Local Landcare free trees scheme, $6,600
- Learmonth CFA new tanker, $4,000
- Burnbank CFA new mower, $3,500
- Reserve(s) pine tree removal, $3,000
- Woody weed control, $2,500
- Festival youth activities, $2,000
- Air conditioner for Bowls, $1,500
To contact the community fund, call David Clark, Executive Officer on 5343 5236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org